I’m very pleased to say I got a grade of 86%. This is a high first class.
Because I’m pretty confident I did quite well in the other half of the module, User Interface Design, I think I should have a high first class for the Module as a whole, which I’m very happy about! Of course I will update this blog when I get my module grades back on the 18th of February.
The lecturer who set this coursework, Dr. David Parker, provided me with some really useful feedback, saying:
This was a well featured piece of work, I also love what you did turning it into an app (though that isn’t reflected above).
Some of the code is a little over complicated and you could put some thought towards how to make it simpler. This also has maintainability consequences.
Taking that into account I intend to spend much more of my programming time working on refactoring my code to make it easier to understand and maintain.
I was also very pleased that Dr Parker described my use of SVN, a subversion system used to keep track of changes to software source code over time, as the best he had seen. :)